A OXFAM International está em busca de um Regional Fundraising Development Specialist, para atuar no Brasil e representar a América Latina. Confira os detalhes a seguir, em inglês:
Reports to: Associate Director of Income Growth and Supporter Development
Responsible for: Consultants, agencies and interns as needed
Location: Brazil (Other locations in LAC will be considered)
Annual Salary: National terms- in line with Oxfam values.
The Income and Supporter Development Team (ISDT) is part of the Public Engagement Team within Oxfam International (OI). It is responsible for leading the delivery of a highly ambitious fundraising strategy for the Oxfam Confederation as part of a broader constituency building goal. It leads on the development of best practice areas that will drive growth in revenue and also the number of supporters engaging with Oxfam in multiple ways. It works closely with Oxfam affiliates to put these best practices into action. It also leads on the management of increased collective investment funds set aside to support best practice and investment in priority and new markets.
We are seeking an outstanding senior fundraising professional who has the ability to deploy her/his extensive experience in fundraising to support and advise existing and new Oxfam affiliates in Latin America.
Purpose of Role
To strengthen significantly Oxfam’s public fundraising in Latin America and grow fundraising teams, investment and programs in a way that leads to sustainable multi-year growth in unrestricted income. Focus primarily on raising unrestricted funds from individuals and through partnerships with corporate, trusts and foundations. To be successful in this role, strong track of public fundraising in one of the Latin American fundraising markets will be required, along with ability to coach and guide without line management responsibility.
- Provide specialist public fundraising advice and support to existing Oxfam affiliates in the region in developing and delivering their long-term public fundraising strategy and business plan in order to maximize predictable revenues (particularly unrestricted) and supporter engagement.
- Provide strategic fundraising input and advice to Oxfam affiliate leadership in Latin America – Executive Directors and Directors of Fundraising – to support the development, execution and monitoring of affiliate business plans.
- Work with brand, communications, digital, campaigns, programs and the Confederation Development functions to develop a holistic view of markets to maximize potential for public fundraising.
- Support the set-up of new affiliates with analysis/advice on market potential and market entry strategy, and help to maximize public fundraising potential and broader public engagement from the start. To work closely with Confederation Development team to deliver broader organizational support.
- Identify where functional specialists from the Income and Supporter Development Team, and broader Public Engagement team, need to be deployed. Work closely with the Institutional Fundraising Team where there are synergistic opportunities.
- Monitor the implementation of Latin American affiliate fundraising strategies as part of a broader public engagement strategy, and monitor performance against fundraising KPIs. Make recommendations on improvements to fundraising programs.
- Review and advise on affiliate proposals from Latin America submitted to the Oxfam Investment Fund, provide strategic support to affiliates receiving investments, monitor results, and review evaluations.
- Actively stimulate knowledge exchanges between Marketing and Fundraising Directors in Latin America, particularly focused on fundraising strategy analysis, development and monitoring.
- Actively keep informed and aware of cutting edge changes or development in public fundraising and popular mobilization in the region.
- Collaborate closely with other Income and Supporter Development team members on skill-share training and fundraising support for Latin American affiliates.
- Play a leadership and specialist role within the Income and Supporter Development Team on regional fundraising strategies, feeding into team goals in the Oxfam Strategic and Operational Plans of delivering increased income and greater affiliate capacity.
- Manage interns, secondees, consultants and volunteers as required for particular fundraising. projects.
- Lead on ad hoc strategic projects.
Leadership and Management
- Experience developing organizational strategies and plans and measuring effectiveness
- Experience in managing and developing others
- Experience of leading and managing conflict resolution
- Experience of developing and managing budgets
- Strong delivery orientation – ability to get things done
- Effective negotiation and influencing abilities and informal leadership skills in a multi-stakeholder, network environment that includes senior management
- Demonstrable organizational and project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects to deadlines.Fundraising and Public Engagement
- Wide fundraising experience across individual giving and philanthropic giving
- Significant depth of experience in individual giving covering both acquisition and retention / development
- Experience in developing fundraising strategies and market entry strategies.
- Fundraising experience in emerging markets
- An entrepreneurial spirit that is able to transcend boundaries in current thinking and operations.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with demonstrable ability to lead, and motivate others
- Able to influence senior management. Ability to work with a wide range of people, both internally and externally and at many levels, with credibility, tact and diplomacy
- Fluent spoken and written English along with Spanish and/or Portuguese
Strategic and Financial Skills
- Ability to develop business unit strategic plans
- Developed analytical skills to assess the drivers of supporter lifetime value
- Commercial acumen to review business plans and investment proposals.
- Able to travel regionally 16-18 weeks per year, usually in 1-2-week trips
- Qualification in Economics, Marketing, Business Administration or Fundraising
How to Apply
- Please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume (no photos) in strict confidence by email only to: email@example.com. Please let us know where you saw the post advertised.
- Please ensure that they are sent as Word documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” Please put “Oxfam-Regional FR Development Specialist LATAM” in the email subject line.
Deadline for applications: Sunday 10th December 2017
Shaping a stronger Oxfam for people living in poverty and tackling inequalities