Organization: Amnesty International Argentina
Position title: Director of Growth and Fundraising
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reports to: Executive Director
Dimensions: Management of a team of 10+ with 5-6 direct reports. Budget expenditure of US$1.4 million.
Salary: Competitive Salary for the Region
Overall Purpose of the Growth Team:
To inspire and mobilize Argentinians to support and help Amnesty International to defend and promote human rights through donations and other forms of support by development of strategies of loyalty and communication with donors and members.
The Director of Growth and Fundraising is responsible for the planning, execution, management and evaluation of the overall growth strategy.
The creation and implementation of the growth strategy with the key objectives of increasing Amnesty International’s supporter base, income and other forms of engagement
The post holder will be expected to be a key contributor to the development and implementation of Amnesty International’s overall strategic and operational planning processes, and the financial management and budget control functions
- Develop and implement the growth strategy and all operational plans for engagement, fundraising and activism
- Ensure the growth strategies are integrated with campaigns and help to achieve campaign objectives
- Provide leadership and direction for the Supporter Services, Acquisition and Engagement.
- Research the Argentinian market, develop and implement segmentation models for key audiences that help identify opportunities and threats and help deliver the growth strategy objectives
- Monitor and evaluate growth programmes against its objectives and identify areas for improvement
- Ensuring the effective management of supporter data and its integrity
- Ensuring the Supporter Services programme delivers its objectives of providing excellent supporter services while also ensuring services are integrated with fundraising, activism and other supporter engagement activities
- Ensuring the growth programme delivers its fundraising targets whilst also ensuring supporters also contribute in non-financial way in support of campaigns
- Provide effective financial management of the growth team´s budget
- Responsibility for the management and hiring of a team of specialists who also have supervision responsibilities.
- Responsibility for all aspects of performance assessment, motivation, development and management of group dynamic within the growth team
- Representing the Argentinian section within the movement on growth, fundraising and activism issues both regionally and globally
- Contributing to the movement and supporting other sections campaigns programmes, especially in the Latin American region
- Members of the Growth Team
- Members of the national office team
- Agencies and other suppliers.
- Members and other supporters of Amnesty International
- Colleagues from the regional and head office, especially the Regional Fundraising & Engagement Supporter Manager for the Americas
- Colleagues from other national chapters
Skills and Experience
- Strong affinity with Amnesty International’s vision, mission & values. Respect for Amnesty International as a membership-based movement
- Strategic thinker who can synthesize complexity into clear themes and adjust priorities accordingly
- Strong financial acumen
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver powerful, results-oriented programmes and projects
- Strong command of
- Fundraising techniques
- Financial planning
- Marketing communications
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Strong understanding of
- Brand strategy
- Digital communication
- Data management
- At least 5 years relevant experience as a senior fundraising manager (especially individual giving)
- At least 3 years’ experience strategic, financial and operational planning
- Strong people manager with team and staff development skills
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field
- A strong command of the English language
PREFERRED BUT NOT ESSENTIAL
- Experience with salesforce
- Understanding of the Argentinian fundraising market
- Experience managing an in-house Direct Dialogue and/or Telemarketing programme
How to Apply
Please send BY EMAIL ONLY a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume (no photos) in strict confidence by email only to: Karem Armstrong at email@example.com
Please ensure that they are sent as Word documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” Please put “Amnesty International- Director of Fundraising and Growth” in the email subject line. Also, please let us know where you saw the post advertised.
The deadline for applications is Sunday January 14th, 2018